Tuna cakes are so simple and quick to make. They're great for lunch or dinner with a side of steamed veggies! Also, my kids love tuna cakes! I don't know about your child(ren), but we call my daughter "tuna head" because she LOVES tuna salad, so she of course loves tuna cakes as well.
- 2 cans of solid white albacore tuna (drained)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 TLB mayonaise
- Salt (I don't measure, just however much you want. Same with spices)
- Spices to season: garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper flakes if you like a little heat
- 1-2 TLB olive oil to coat your pan
Drain your cans of tuna, then put the tuna in a mixing bowl and fluff the tuna with a fork. Next add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. In a heated pan coated with olive oil, add a scoop of tuna cake mixture and quickly shape into patties by using a fork. Once golden brown on the bottom, flip your tuna cake and cook on other side. Cooking time varies, make sure they are fully cooked through and golden brown on both sides. Using 2 cans of tuna will give you 4 nice size tuna cakes.