My daughter has her first ever play on Tuesday, and I am so excited for her but at the same time, I've been racking my non-crafty brain on how to create a sheep costume for her. The entire class has been asked to dress up as sheep for this years Christmas musical play, so after searching Google and Pinterest for ideas, I headed to my local Wal-Mart and purchased everything I would need to make my first-ever costume!
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Cotton balls
- Black felt or cloth for ears
- Black sweats & matching top
- White t-shirt
- White headband
- I started on the ears first-- I removed the bow and nose from the snowman, traced them over the black cloth (or felt), then cut out the ear shape. Once I had enough cloth pieces cut out (1 for the front and 1 for the back of each snowman), using the hot glue gun, I glued them on the front and back of the snowman. Super easy to do and now you have sheep ears!
- Take your white t-shirt and cut the sleeves off, then using the hot glue gun again, I glued cotton balls on the front and back of the t-shirt, one by one. It is time consuming but the shirt turned out super cute once I was done!
- Once everything has cooled off and dried, it's time to get dressed!
There ya have it! A super easy, affordable and adorable DIY sheep costume! I can't wait to see my daughter and all of her classmates in her first ever play wearing her new sheep costume!